Brown County Bikes Blog
Pump Track Approval for Deer Run Park Nashville, IN
Owners of Brown County Bikes, Danielle and Kate Nolan have been working with the Brown County Parks and Recreation, Brown County Hoosier Mountain Bike Association as well as other entities in the Nashville, Indiana area to build and grow more trails in the county.
Kate secured several quotes for the project, the Brown County Parks and Recreation approved the quote and renderings (pictured below) from Parson's Construction Services in Greensburg, KY. Parson's comes with years of experience building and riding pump tracks and bike parks locally and nationally. Currently fundraising has begun for a total of $200,000 to get the project started.
You can learn more about the Pump Track on our non-profit website, Live Adventurously here.
Having a bike Pump Track in our local town park can bring about several important benefits and advantages:
- Recreation and Exercise: Bike pump tracks provide a safe and fun environment for people of all ages to engage in physical activity. They encourage outdoor exercise, helping individuals maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Skill Development: Pump tracks are excellent for developing and honing bike-handling skills, balance, and coordination. They cater to a wide range of skill levels, from beginners to experienced riders, making it an inclusive facility.
- Community Building: A bike pump track can serve as a hub for the local biking community. It brings people together who share an interest in biking, fostering a sense of community and camaraderie.
- Youth Engagement: Pump tracks can be especially beneficial for children and teenagers. They provide a safe place for kids to learn how to ride a bike and develop skills that can lead to a lifelong passion for cycling.
- Tourism and Economic Impact: A well-maintained bike pump track can attract visitors from outside the local area, boosting tourism and benefiting local businesses. Cyclists and their families may spend money on food, lodging, and other activities in the town.
- Safety: By providing a designated area for cycling activities, a pump track can reduce the likelihood of cyclists riding on sidewalks, improving safety for both riders and pedestrians.
- Environmental Awareness: Bike pump tracks encourage outdoor play and appreciation for nature, which can help instill a sense of environmental stewardship among users.
- Adaptive and Inclusive: Some pump tracks are designed to be accessible for people with disabilities, allowing an even broader range of individuals to enjoy the benefits of cycling.
- Reduced Vandalism: The presence of a well-utilized facility can help deter vandalism in the park by providing a positive and engaging activity for the community.
- Family-Friendly Fun: A pump track can be an ideal place for families to spend time together. Parents can ride alongside their children or watch them practice their skills in a safe environment.
We look forward to bringing this awesome Pump Track to our community. If you have any questions please reach out!